Chocolate Bar Art Competition
Animate Arts CIC is a brilliant, Faversham based organisation, working to bring communities, schools and people together through creative projects. For 20 years, their inspirational projects have helped thousands of people boost their wellbeing, learn new skills and connect with their local communities.To mark their 20th birthday, Animate Arts CIC has teamed up with Faversham’s very own chocolate factory Kakawa Artisan Chocolate & Co Ltd, based at Brogdale Farm to create three brand new bars of chocolate to enjoy and help fundraise which will not only support the vital work of Animate Art’s projects, but inspire creativity in all! The three handmade bars will feature as a special edition in Kakawa Artisan Chocolate & Co’s range, each made with different, delicious toppings or inclusions and flavours, beautifully presented in unique and artist illustrated boxes.
Two of the bars will feature artworks by professional artists from Animate Arts CIC, and the third will be created by a local young artist from Swale – the winner of this art competition! This competition is to inspire a new flavour for this milk chocolate bar and to create a matching artwork for the box! This is the ultimate Willy Wonka style, and creative competition.
Good luck! …. we can’t wait to see your design and hear your recipe ideas!
WHO CAN ENTER?
To enter you must be aged 5-11 years old and living in, or attending a school in the Swale district, Kent (Faversham, Sittingbourne, Sheerness and surrounding villages/towns within the borough)
HOW TO ENTER
- You must submit your recipe idea + box design, using the official entry form. You can download this below.
- PART A: Create your chocolate bar recipe What would be your ultimate flavoured chocolate bar? You can suggest any single or combination of flavours/toppings or inclusions as your heart desires, to add to your milk chocolate base. Would you create a spin on a salt ‘n’ vinegar chocolate bar, perhaps a strawberries and cream bar, or maybe a multicoloured confetti bar, full of sprinkles! Be sure to write your recipe creation on the official Entry Form.
- PART B: Design artwork for the box. Create an artwork that shows-off and adds that WOW factor to your delicious recipe and choice of flavours. Art works should be submitted on 1 x A4 paper, along with your Entry Form. You can use your choice of pencils, felt tips or any other medium that you want, but the final artwork must be flat so that it can be scanned at the printers! Be bold, colourful and creative!
- Recipe and artwork must be made by the entrant.
- Send your submission to Animate Arts CIC at the following address: The Alexander Centre 17 Preston Street Faversham Kent, ME13 8NZ (If you want to hand-deliver your entry, there will be a post box in the reception area)
- Entries must be received by Wednesday 12 October, 5pm.
- If you would like your artwork returned, please include a self-addressed, prepaid envelope.
WHAT WILL THE PRIZE BE?
- Their chocolate recipe created and their artwork transformed into the wrapper for the chocolate bar!
- Receive a VIP invitation to visit the chocolate factory of Kakawa Artisan & Co Ltd at Brogdale Farm to make their chocolate bar with Kakawa’s very own Willy Wonka inspired Chocolatier!
- A hamper of chocolate and arts & crafts goodies
- PLUS their school will receive a free membership bundle to the Animate Art’s amazing Art Builders programme which will further benefit all the staff and pupils in their school.
Two runners-up will each receive a prize of chocolate and crafts, along with their school receiving membership to Art Builders 2023.